As the sales profession moves faster every day, a lot of competitors emerge. Sales teams need to step up their game if they want to stay for the long run. With the rapidly rising growth of technology, trends and tools swarm the market aiming to lend companies and sales organizations a hand in boosting sales growth.
Without a doubt, there is an unbearable pressure wearing down on most sales organizations these days, as the fluctuating economy and shrinking margins make it harder and harder to reach sales quota and drive revenue.
So, how do sales organizations boost sales growth? How do sales teams increase their productivity and enhance their performance? Let’s find out.
It’s all about the people behind the sales teams. From the sales managers down to sales representatives, success in sales growth all comes down to them. Sales representatives – the front-liners and first responders who carry the future profits of the company on their backs – are taking on bigger territories, facing higher quotas, and making more customer contacts than ever. Sales performance management is the key. Our goal is to find effective tools to help them be more productive and create ways for them to be more organized and accelerate their output.
What is Sales Performance Management?
Sales performance management is the practice of monitoring and guiding personnel to improve their ability to sell products or services. A key objective of the sales performance management process is to educate and motivate salespeople to set attainable goals and satisfy customers.
In our modern times, the process of pursuing a lead and closing a sale has transformed completely due to technological advances. Whereas sales representatives in the past relied heavily on costly travel and face-to-face meetings with potential customers to conduct what is known as outside sales, today’s Internet – coupled with a host of advanced web tools–has fueled the contemporary practice of inside sales, or the process of conducting sales remotely. With tools such as CRM, web conferencing, predictive analytics, and social media platforms, sales representatives are able to pursue leads with greater efficiency and consistency – these are the key elements of sales acceleration. Sales acceleration is further fueled even more by a critical technology used in the contact center: a sales dialer.
There are different types of sales dialers, namely: progressive dialing, predictive dialing, preview dialing, and manual dialing. The first three are automatic dialing modes, which sets them apart from manual dialing.
Let’s briefly discuss their differences in order to highlight their advantages, and learn how they can help improve sales performance.
Agents manually dial a customer’s phone number, they spend a considerable amount of time reviewing paper records or computer terminal screens, selecting the person to be called, finding the phone number, dialing the number, updating the records after each call and if the customer doesn’t answer, the agent has to remember this and call the customer later. With manual dialing, agents spend more time attempting to find a prospect and waiting until the call is connected than talking.
Progressive dialing minimizes wasted time between calls by automatically dialing a number from a call list as soon as an agent becomes available. The progressive dialer runs through the calling lists provided by the company. It waits until an agent is free to take a phone call, and then progresses to dial the next number on behalf of the agent.
A predictive dialer calls multiple numbers at one time. As soon as a customer answers, an agent is connected to them. Based on the average time it takes the agent to wrap up a call, the dialer “predicts” when the agent will be available again and begins calling multiple numbers.
A preview dialer allows each contact record to be automatically delivered to agents based on your outbound campaign settings, such as list priority and ratios. This feature enables agents to review contact details prior to placing a call, ensuring they are fully prepared before engaging the customer. The system automatically dials based on your campaign settings, and agents can optionally skip records that should not be dialed.
Learn more about sales dialers here: https://www.tenfold.com/dialer/auto-dialer
How Do Sales Dialers Boost Sales Performance?
- They increase sales productivity. Agents do not need to constantly refer to phone number lists and manually dial numbers to reach customers, and they experience less disused time as the dialer determines the best times to call and predicts when a current call will be finished while already dialing the next number. By circumventing disconnected or unavailable phone lines as well as machines, agents are always connected quickly to the right customer who are most likely to answer and entertain calls at just the precise times.
- They efficiently manage leads. Sales dialers that integrate software for lead management can organize lead and sales information, customer history, and contact data while providing this info to agents. The software also determines peak call times automatically and further filters out any “do not call” numbers, fax lines, or answering machines to ensure direct access to the right customers at the best times. When calls are placed, the solution usually uses local phone number – a rational way to prompt potential customers to answer. Studies have shown that over half of all consumers hang up when they see an unknown phone number on their caller ID, which is not a big surprise. These dialers automate and capture all call activity directly into the CRM for stronger lead management, providing valuable real-time metrics and KPIs (key performance index) that may boost sales and further improve marketing strategies.
- Help increase sales and reduces cost. They significantly reduce contact center operational costs as fewer outbound calls need to be placed manually, and fewer agents are needed to handle such calls. The combination of effective agents and well-built leads can triple productive output and sales. The right customers who are most approachable to purchase are automatically contacted, the dead time for agents is eliminated, and call abandonment rates drop significantly. This means that a predictive dialer can deliver swift ROI with a substantial profit. In addition, predictive dialers with CRM integration also cut expenses for companies as they do not require additional expensive telecom hardware or integration.
- Improves customer satisfaction. Dialers contact customers at times that are most convenient for them and at a lower call rate, such calls are generally less invasive and more welcome. Customers will not feel bothered knowing that the business cares about respecting their time, and the products and services proposed are likely to suit the customer’s needs or preferences. As the likelihood of actual purchase increases, brands may enjoy greater customer satisfaction and long-term loyalty while contact center agents and managers also experience greater satisfaction and confidence resulting from contacting strong leads who appreciate their calls.
In the end, improving sales productivity is all about looking for efficiency at each step of the process. Tools that help increase sales performance also help the company as a whole. Using the right sales technology applications keeps your reps focused on selling, not data entry. Producing your own content and automating its delivery allows you to inform your prospects, without your reps wasting time trying to find and adapt outside content that fits. Collaboration between sales and marketing improves the efficiency of two increasingly related jobs. Want to see your reps waste less time on the tedious aspects of sales? Give them the right tools, and make it a team effort. This way, everyone is happy and successful.
FREE EBOOK: 21 Tips Seasoned Sales Reps Won't Tell You
Sell smarter. Close more.
- The tips include:
- Recognizing buying cues
- How to handle follow up calls
- Working on your speaking voice
Latest posts by Matt Goldman (see all)
- Choose Cisco IP Phone Systems for scalable business growth - May 26, 2017
- Why Choose a Cisco Phone System - May 25, 2017
- Are BANT Qualified Leads Actually Hurting SaaS and PaaS Sales? - May 16, 2017