Registering/Assigning User Extensions
Overview: This article provides a quick walkthrough for registering and assigning a user’s extension in the Dashboard. Until an extension has been registered, it will not be available for assignment. Extension registration and assignment must be completed to enable click to dial, Analytics, and Floating UI functionality.
Registering Extensions with Tenfold
Once your phone system is successfully configured in the Dashboard, Tenfold begins monitoring associated extensions that have inbound/outbound traffic. This traffic can be a call to our Support line, a cell phone, or any other external number.
Note: If this has already been completed and the extensions has been successfully registered, please scroll ahead to the “Assigning Extensions with Tenfold” section.
To get started:
- Complete the inbound/outbound call to an external number via the extension.
- Be sure the call connects and stay on the line for a few seconds before disconnecting.
- Once the call is complete, return to the Dashboard Users tab and confirm that the extension is available for assignment. You can either search for the extension as depicted in the video below, or check the Unassigned Extensions list.
Note: You may need to refresh the page to get the extension to appear.
Still Missing the Extension?
There may be an issue with how the extension is configured in the phone system or with the phone system integration itself. Please contact Tenfold Support and we will be happy to further investigate.
Assigning User Extensions
Once the extension has been successfully registered, you can assign it to the respective user. This associates the extension’s call traffic with this user in Analytics and the Floating UI. There are two methods for assigning user extensions.
Search for and select the extension within the user’s extension window, as depicted below.
Within the Unassigned Extension list, select the desired extension and assign it to the respective user as depicted below.
Additional Notes Regarding Assignment:
- For some phone systems such as RingCentral, Nextiva, and Deskphones, extensions are not in the standard 3-4 digit format. Your phone system admin can further assist if you are not sure which extension to assign.
- You can assign more than one extension to a user. This is necessary for some phone systems to track inbound and outbound traffic.
- You cannot assign a single extension to multiple users.
- Users can assign and remove their own extensions in their Dashboard Profile tab.
Set a Primary Extension for Click to Dial
Click to dial initiates a call using a specific extension. If you have multiple extensions assigned, you will need to designate the primary one utilized for click to dial. To set the primary extension, select it in the user’s extension window and click the “Primary Extension” button, as depicted below.
Note: You may see other settings in the extension such as a username and password. It is rare that you will need to make a change to these values.