NetSuite RESTlet Setup
Overview: This article provides a quick walkthrough of the installation and setup of the NetSuite Restlet. This will greatly improve the look up times for interactions between the NetSuite API and Tenfold.
Note: If you have changed your NetSuite Admin since completing these steps, you will need to ensure the new Admin is the owner of the installed scripts. Failure to update the owner may prevent Tenfold from successfully locating CRM Records.
- Add Scripts to NetSuite
- Setup RESTlet Endpoints
- Save Endpoints in Tenfold Dashboard
Add Scripts to NetSuite
You will need a Contact, Lead, or Account to associate unmatched calls in your CRM. You can designate a contact that already exists or you can create a new one and name it something such as “Unmatched Calls.”
The RESTlet scripts can be downloaded from https://storage.googleapis.com/tenfold-netsuite-restlet/tenfold-oracle-netsuite-restlet.zip
Once the zip file has been downloaded, log into NetSuite and upload the files.
Select Documents > Files > SuiteScripts
Click on “Advanced Add”
Under ZIP ARCHIVE TO ADD, click on “Choose File” and select the tenfold-restlet.zip file that was just downloaded.
Create a new folder called “tenfold-restlet”
Make sure load.js, netsuite_toolkit.js, search.js, and upsert.js are in the folder.
Setup RESTlet Endpoints
You will now be creating four RESTlet endpoints corresponding to each of the following uploaded files: load.js, search.js, upsert.js and endpoint.js.
Navigate to Customization > Scripting > Scripts
For each of the the three scripts perform the following steps:
1. Click on New Script.
2. Click on the down arrows in the SCRIPT FILE field and click on “List”
3. From the first dropdown select “SuiteScripts : tenfold-restlet” and select the script you are setting up.
4. Click on Create Script Record, name the script “Tenfold <script name>”. That will be Tenfold Load, Tenfold Search, and Tenfold Upsert depending on the script you are creating.
5. In the POST FUNCTION field, enter <script name>PostHandler
load.js -> loadPostHandler
search.js -> searchPostHandler
upsert.js -> upsertPostHandler
endpoint.js -> endpointPostHandler
6. Under Libraries make sure to include “netsuite_toolkit.js” for each:
7. Click Save then Deploy Script or Save and Deploy.
8. Setup the deployment as follows:
- Status – Released
- Departments – Admin
- Employees – Select All
9. Click Save. Then select RESTlet from the next page.
10. After deploying, copy the EXTERNAL URL for the script. This will be provided in the CRM settings on the Tenfold Dashboard. This is accessible from Customization > Scripting > Script Deployments.
Save Endpoints in the Tenfold Dashboard
1. Log on to your Tenfold Admin Dashboard.
2. Navigate to Company Settings > CRM.
3. Click Change Advanced Options and paste the External URL’s from NetSuite.
4. When finished, click Save.
Questions? Feel free to reach out to our support team here.