Adding and Removing Users
Overview: This article provides a walkthrough for adding and removing CRM and Non-CRM users to and from the Dashboard. If you are trying to configure Admin privileges, please see Adding and Removing Tenfold Admins.
Adding (Synchronizing) CRM Users
You can add and remove users from your tenfold account to match the user settings in your CRM at any time using the “Synchronize Users” button. This is a 1-directional synch from your CRM (Salesforce, SugarCRM, Zoho, etc) to your Tenfold account.
1. Make sure the user exists in your CRM and is active (enabled).
2. Make sure their CRM email address is unique. This email will be the tenfold username. If the email is used by more than one account, synchronizing users will only bring in the first account found with that email.
3. Click “Synchronize Users” in your Dashboard Users Tab.
4. New users are disabled by default, meaning they do not use a license and cannot login on the dashboard. To invite or enable new users, scroll down and in the status column find these icons.
5. Finally, see Assigning an Extension to a New User.
Adding Non-CRM Users
There may be some instances where you want to add a user that is not in your CRM. In this case, if the user is licensed and enabled in Tenfold, their calls will be tracked in your Dashboard Analytics but will not be logged to your CRM. You can manually add these users to your Dashboard.
- Navigate to the Users tab of your Tenfold Dashboard.
- Click the “Create User” button.
- Enter the user’s name and email address that they will use with Tenfold.
- Check the “Send invitation email” box to allow them to create their own password.
- If desired, check the “Make this user an admin” box to give this user Admin privileges.
- Click the “Create User” button at the bottom of this window.
- Make sure the user is disabled or removed in your CRM.
- Disable the user in the Tenfold Dashboard by clicking on the Status button so that it turns red.
- Click the Navicon () and choose the “Delete User” option.
If adding a user and you receive an error “Failed to Add User” typically this means that the org has multiple instances and that user is tied to another organization. You will need to locate the user in the other organization and delete them so you may be able to add them to the desired organization.