Polycom Deskphone Configuration
Overview: This article provides a quick walkthrough for configuring Polycom devices for use with Tenfold.
Determine the Phone’s IP Address
We will need to log in to the phone’s Polycom Configuration Utility to make the necessary changes for Tenfold functionality. In order to do this, we must first obtain the phone’s respective IP address.
Note: Deskphone integrations require static IP addresses. Dynamic IP addresses may conflict with Analytics and click to dial functionality.
Access the Polycom Configuration Utility
Enter the phone’s IP address into your web browser’s URL bar. This should include “http://” or “https://” and should look something like this: http://192.168.1.43
If successful, you should be prompted to log in.
If you see the page pictured below, there are several possible causes. Use this article to troubleshoot: Webpage is Not Available (Deskphone Integration).
Common Default Log In Credentials
- Username: Admin
- Password: 456 -or- 72227 -or- blank
- Username: user
- Password: blank
- Login As: User
- Password: 123 -or- 456 -or- blank
- Login As: Admin
- Password: 456 -or- 72227 -or- 8647 -or- blank
Logins by Phone Vendor
- If you are using RingCentral, follow the instructions here.
- If you are using 8×8, follow the instructions here.
If none of these credentials work, you may need to contact your Phone System Admin or the Phone System’s support group to determine the correct authentication.
Configure the Notification URL
Navigate to Settings > Application.
Find your Notification URL in the Admin Dashboard Phone Page and enter it in the field pictured below.
Ensure all of the boxes pictured below are checked and click the “Save” button at the bottom.
Enable Push Notification for Click to Dial
Allow Push Messages
- For SoundPoint Series Select: Both
- For VVX Series Select: All
Application Server Root URL
- For SoundPoint Series: (leave blank)
- For VVX Series Enter: /push
Once completed, click the “Save” button at the bottom.
Register a Test Call
Call an external phone number from this extension to ensure it is registered with Tenfold.
Enable Security Requirements
If your firmware version is 5.x, Enable New Firmware Security Requirements.
- SoundPoint IP 330/320: (unsupported. discontinued by Polycom)
- SoundPoint IP 501, 601, 550, 650, 670: firmware version 4.x and higher required