Overview: This article provides a step by step walkthrough to isolate and resolve basic issues with Tenfold click to dial(CTD) functionality.
A- First step of troubleshooting Click to Dial(CTD):-
->Ensure Cookies and cache is cleared for your chrome browser:-
Tenfold uses third party cookies for Chrome Extension mechanics. Large file of cookies and cache may prevent click to dial(CTD) to execute from browser.
- Go to your Chrome Settings
- Search for “Advanced” and then navigate to clear browsing data.
- Ensure your Settings match this example(only select 2 checkboxes- for cookies & cache and set time-range to All-time.)
Restart the Chrome browser:-
– Microsoft Windows users can click on Google Chrome menu button with the three dots in the upper right corner of your Chrome browser. Click the three dots button to open a menu, and click Exit.
– Apple Mac users can click on Google Chrome button, and click Quite Google Chrome.
– Users can type the following in browser address
and click Enter.
-> Ensure Cookies and cache is cleared for your Mozilla Firefox
- Click the menu button and select Options.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel and go to the Cookies and Site Data section.
- Click Clear Data… button. The Clear Data dialog will appear.
Cookies and Site Data (to remove login status and site preferences) and Cached Web Content (to remove stored images, scripts and other cached content) should both be check marked.
4. Click Clear.
B- Conditions for Click to Dial:-
Note: Click to Dial is not needed for all UI’s. For Embedded UI (Open CTI), click to dial is needed for non-CRM pages (it has by default functionality in the CRM page).
1- Enabling CTD to get started, first ensure that Click to dial(CTD) is properly enabled via the Chrome Extension (by toggling it ON). Ensure you have installed the Chrome Extension and are logged in.
If not installed, can download it from here. You will be taken to Chrome Web Store where you can add click to dial(CTD) as a Chrome extension.
2- Extension should be set to Primary in the extension config page (configuration may vary depending on the phone system).
3- While attempting the click to dial(CTD), the agent should not busy on another line. Also, the organization which contains Cloud connect server can check the state of extension should be on-hook, then only click to dial(CTD) will be executed.
C- Symptoms of Click to dial & Different ways of click to dial attempt:-
a- Number should be displayed as hyperlinked (like a clickable link). If the number is not hyperlinked it means click to dial(CTD) extension is not installed in the browser or the click to dial is not enable for that web page.
b- Normal Click To Dial – It simply clicking on the number & rings your phone and then dials the destination phone number after you answer. This is a common practice to ensure that the user initiating the call is ready before dialing out.
c- Context- Click To Dial- If there is a phone number that is not in an HTML field, like a phone number in an email message, you can easily use our Context menu to click to dial anyway. This process is outlined in the following steps:
- Highlight the phone number you want to call.
- Right-click on the highlighted phone number.
- Navigate to the “Tenfold” option in the right-click popup menu.
- Choose the “Click to dial:” option.
D- Configuration variation for different phone system:-
1- Ring Central configuration for click to dial-
a- Click on the User extension.
b- Enter the RingCentral username and password. These are the same credentials the agent uses to sign in to the RingCentral phone portal.
Note: Make sure to use a leading “1” at the beginning of the username(should be the numeric digit number, not email ID) and exclude any special characters.
c- Enter your direct dial number in the “ click to dial(CTD) Number” field.
d- Test your click to dial functionality with our Click To Dial Test Page.
Note: After configuring the mandatory fields, CTD doesn’t work then you can have a workaround by selecting “Third-party CTD” as Ringcentral.
If you encounter any issues with this process, please feel free to contact our Support Team.
2- Polycom Deskphone(old series):- Make sure you had configured your Polycom Web utility, still you are having an issue in click to dial then you can confirm clear browsing data and restart.
If your Polycom phone has a software version above 5.0 you will need to navigate new Polycom firmware Click to dial.
Note: This will differ depending on the version of the Polycom Desk Phone you are using.