Click to Dial Checklist
Overview: This article provides a step by step walkthrough to isolate and resolve basic issues with Tenfold click to dial functionality.
Check Your Click to Dial
To get started, try to click to dial this number:
This number is just a pre-recorded message that we use to test click to dial so feel free to answer and ensure the call is completing as expected.
If you cannot complete a standard click to dial, highlight the phone number and right click on it to see if the Contextual Click to Dial option is available.
Before you proceed:
- In the event that there is no “Tenfold” option in the right click menu, ensure you are completely logged in to Tenfold.
- If click to dial is working but your Floating UI is not updating to show information for these calls, please see our Call Floating UI Checklist.
Standard and Contextual Click to Dial is Failing
At this point, it is a good idea to determine who is affected.
- If your entire organization is unable to click to dial, there may be an issue with your phone system which requires Admin access to resolve. In these instances, please contact our Support Team.
- If only you or a small group of users are unable to click to dial, proceed with the next steps in this article.
Check Your Primary Extension
One of the first things to check is that you have the correct extension assigned as the Primary Extension (see the last section). This is required for click to dial to work.
Admins can check any user’s extension in the Users Tab of the Dashboard, while non-admins can check this in their Dashboard Profile. Once you have confirmed your Primary Extension is configured, proceed to the next steps.
Try a Fresh Session
Cookie and cache data in Chrome can sometimes cause unexpected click to dial behavior. To rule this out, complete the steps below in order.
- Sign out of Tenfold.
- Disable the Chrome Extension.
- Clear your browser history and restart Chrome.
- Re-enable the extension and sign back in to Tenfold.
Note: If you are unsure how to complete one of these steps, please refer to our article covering The Chrome Extension for additional guidance.
Check Your Tenfold Version
If Tenfold is not completely up to date, it can prevent click to dial from working as expected. This is a good opportunity to uninstall and reinstall the Chrome Extension to ensure you have the latest version installed, as a reinstall can sometimes resolve unexpected click to dial behavior as well when the previous steps do not.
Check for Conflicting Extensions
Enter chrome://extensions in the Chrome URL bar and uncheck all extensions except Tenfold. Some third party extensions can interfere with click to dial by routing the requests to the wrong place, like an unused softphone, or stop the requests from completing as expected.
Additional Phone System Troubleshooting
Some phone systems require additional steps to be completed by your phone system admin. If your phone system is one listed below, please complete the steps in the relevant article.
- Device-Level Integration: How to check local click-to-dial compatibility.
- Asterisk Integration: Asterisk Click to Dial Custom Context.
- Nextiva Integration: Nextiva Click to Dial Checklist
- Digium Switchvox Integration: Digium Switchvox Click to Dial Setup
Still Having Trouble?
Please contact our Support Team. We are happy to investigate further to ensure the issue gets resolved.