Configuring Custom Resources (Related Modules)
Overview: This article describes how to configure the Custom Resources feature for Tenfold. A resource is a module (i.e. Object) which you may want to attribute calls to. Opportunities and Cases are a great example of a resource which a contact may be calling about.
1. To get started, the Tenfold services team will need to first build support for the custom object. Please contact your Customer Success Manager or Tenfold Support for more information.
The Tenfold representative will be looking for the following information:
- Name of the custom object
- API Name of the custom object
- Does the custom object support logging activities?
- Does the custom object have a relationship to the Contact, Account, and/or Lead Objects? Specifically, fields of data type Lookup for those objects.
2. After support for the resource has been added you can configure the SOQL query used to display results in the Tenfold UI. Navigate to the `Custom Resources` feature in Tenfold Dashboard.
Using the list picker, move the object to the right-hand side that you would like to use as your custom resource. Note that only 1 custom resource is supported at the moment.
3. Enter the URL Tenfold should launch when a user creates a new record for this object from Tenfold’s UI and the 3 character object key prefix. Below is an example Tenfold uses for our Project object.
4. Enter the SOQL query used to find related resource objects. Below is an example of the query implemented for Tenfold’s `Project__c` object where `Project_Contact__c` and `Project_Account__c` are lookup fields.
It’s important to understand this query. When Tenfold matches records we capture both the Record ID and the Parent Record ID. Related resources such as opportunities, cases, etc may relate to either of these depending on the use case and you will need to adapt the query accordingly. Let’s break this down in more detail.
The above two lines are ensuring we select the `Id` and `Name` values from the object `Project__c`. These fields are required for this feature to work. No other fields need to be selected. Only the Id and Name fields must be selected.
The above condition will match if the `Project_Contact__c` field of the `Project__c` record is not empty and has a value which matches the Record ID for the Contact the agent is speaking with.
The above condition will match if the `Project_Account__c` field of the `Project__c` record is not empty and has a value which matches the Parent Record ID for the Contact the agent is speaking with. The Parent Record ID would be the Account associated with the contact.
In some cases, Tenfold may match on the Account record and not the Contact record. For this reason, we include a condition to display related `Project__c` records where `Propsect_Account__c` field of the `Project__c` record is not empty and has a value which matches the Record ID for the Account the agent is speaking with.