Use these sales call tips to save time and close a higher percentage of deals.
Sales call tip #1 – Are you set up to succeed?
Is your desk cleared of clutter? Have you closed all the social media programs on your computer? Do you have a fresh notepad?
Sure, it’s important to be able to work from anywhere – but not all work is equal. A well prepared workspace clears your mind to be able to focus on what’s important – the prospect.
If you work from home, consider finding a dedicated space in which to make calls and send emails. If you work in a busy office, close your door if you have one. If you don’t, make sure your coworkers know to leave you alone when you’re on the phone.
Sales call tip #2 – Are your leads qualified?
Before you spend time with a prospect, ask yourself if they’re a prospect to begin with. In other words: have you (or your qualification department) qualified your leads?
Here are things you need to consider for qualification.
- Does the prospect have enough budget for your product?
- Does the prospect have any pre-existing relationship with your company?
- Has the prospect expressed interest in working with you?
- How did the prospect end up on your list?
- Do you share any personal or professional connections with the prospect?
- Is the prospect actually a good fit for your product?
- Can the prospect actually make a purchase decision? Or is there someone else you should try to bring into the conversation?
Sales call tip #3 – Is the time right?
We mean time in a literal sense. What timezone are they in? What industry are they in?
You don’t want to call a restaurant owner in the middle of a lunch rush. If you’re selling a sales tool you’ll want to avoid calling around month-end.
Make sure you’re calling the prospect at a time that makes sense. With email you can be a little more flexible. Programs like Boomerang allow you to schedule the email to show up whenever you want.
These 3 sales call tips will make a noticeable difference on your next sales call.
FREE WHITE PAPER: Five Trends That Will Affect All Sales Execs in 2017
What worked in 2016 won't necessarily work in 2017. Make sure you're up to date on the latest trends.
Latest posts by Patrick Hogan (see all)
- The Impact of AI Over The Next Half Decade - September 11, 2017
- Which Automatic Dialing Software Or Phone System Is Right for You? - August 4, 2017
- 10 Reasons For Using Sales CRM System Or Software For Your Sales Reps - August 3, 2017