- You get a standard-based, real-time media engine that is free and resident in all browsers.
- Your browser operating system is not relevant. This is made possible by implementing standard APIs from the World Wide Web Consortium and protocols from the Internet Engineering Task Force.
- You get always-on voice and video encryption. Transport protocol provides authentication and encryption and it helps prevent eavesdropping.
- It supports reliable session establishment. The dependable operation avoids server-relayed media, reduces latency and improves quality.
- You get multiple media streams. It adjusts the communications quality, responds to bandwidth availability as well as detects and avoids congestion.
- It is inoperable with VoIP and video. Existing voice and video devices that use standard protocols work with WebRTC based devices.
- There is no need for a third-party to be involved in the communications system. With WebRTC each website is basically its own service provider.
- Developers can be more innovative because they are working with a relatively simple, open technology. They also can focus more on using the technology for new ideas instead of recreating foundations.
The project changes the amount of effort developers must make to build real-time communications features into a browser. What would have previously taken hundreds of hours to develop now takes only a few days. This eliminates the technical barriers to entry into the market. Integrated communications make your online branding unique. Optimizing your website and online presence affects how users find you and decide whether they want to become customers. When you use an open standard, it wipes out the complication of developing separate soft clients for each device. There is a lower number of touch points and it establishes an inoperability ecosystem.
The project can enhance your customer’s experience and save you money. Customers can shop online, share products with friends in real-time and communicate face-to-face with customer service agents. It also encourages you to improve your connectivity. The open source nature and standardized application programming interface allow the program to support fast application development. You end up spending less money on infrastructure and more on other priorities.
WebRTC is an emerging standard promoting the ability to conduct real-time, peer-to-peer voice and video communications through a browser without having to use plug-ins. It has taken the communications industry by storm because of its amazing features. The protocol allows your business to enhance its sites with click-to-call capabilities for your customers, and you do not have to invest in as many trunks or 800-number services with calls coming in from the Internet. You can host both internal and external meetings using a Web browser instead of an installed client. As the platform becomes more well-known and developers become more familiar with the standard, businesses will be able to start writing their own WebRTC applications to take advantage of the functionality and cost savings.
If you have questions please feel free to contact us as soon as possible.
FREE EBOOK: 21 Tips Seasoned Sales Reps Won't Tell You
Sell smarter. Close more.
- The tips include:
- Recognizing buying cues
- How to handle follow up calls
- Working on your speaking voice
Latest posts by Dan Sincavage (see all)
- How To Be Successful In Your First Sales Job - April 26, 2017
- 5 Critical Notes Your Reps Should Take After a Sales Call - April 23, 2017
- How to Overcome Sales Objections and the Fear of Rejection - April 21, 2017