Any business dealing with phone sales can benefit from using a Computer Telephony Integration (CTI). Integrating CTI with Your CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software gives you tools to manage customer connections in real time. The advantages of this robust a communication management include accurate information logging, reduced data loss, increased employee efficiency and speed and more.
With so many software options for communications and customer service today, your business needs to focus your efforts to produce effective communication and accurate records each and every time customer contact is made.
In order to get the most out of your CTI – CRM integration, here are 6 tips for your employees, your software and your business management:
- Automate Dialing – Whether it is sending out a call list to your employees or having sales people find numbers online and call them, automatic dialing on clicking on a number is one of the features of a CTI which will enable your sales people to swiftly work through their customer management numbers and spend more time on the phone and less time dialing. Although a good CTI will enable “click-to-call” options on more than just a CRM, integrating the two of them will enable your employees to swiftly communicate with customers and enter call information into your CRM.
- Update Notes to an Entire Group – With larger accounts and business customers there is often a need to notify other team members about relevant information in each conversation. This is done two ways with a CTI – CRM integration. The first is by uploading call notes to your CRM so that everyone involved on that account will have access to the notes whenever they pull up the customers information in the CRM. The second is by using CC functions in the CTI notepad to notify relevant team members after closing the note via email or the CTI interface.
- Integrate Your Data Processing – In the information economy, data is everything. Use both your CRM and CTI to show more accurate records regarding customers, service calls, employee effectiveness and more. Use integrated records as a part of your comprehensive business planning and system. With real time reports, ensure that employees are tracking and logging calls, and obtain information in your CRM after each call.
- Cross-Use Analytics – Depending on the type of information and your desired use, business analytics can be difficult from one software system vs. the other. When are phone calls made and how often are both questions that your CTI answers. Customer interaction levels, number of contacts before reaching a decision maker and average response to email, phone, and social networking communications are all analytics from your CRM. With an integrated system, use analytics for any question relevant to customer communication.
- Build Relationships, not Systems – Your integrated information management and communication system frees up time and energy to focus on what really matters: your customers and their needs. Utilize the time saving, accuracy increasing integration to focus on fulfilling customer needs and not managing a software system.
- Record Non-Integrated Communications – Use the note-taking capabilities of your CTI to record events not entered automatically into your system, like personal conversations, Facebook messages, or texts. Utilize the notepad to enter in information from business cards or other contact forms and reduce paper clutter in office spaces. This enables you to rapidly store information before it is lost in the busy-ness of life and work.
A CTI integration with your CRM offers tremendous opportunity to build relationships, manage information and obtain powerful analytics and increase customer relationships throughout your organization. For more information about Tenfold’s CTI solution, please contact us today!
FREE EBOOK: IT’s Underappreciated Influence on the Sales Process
Drive sales from behind-the-scenes.
- The tips include:
- The impact of IT intervention on sales success
- The importance of selective software procurement
- Careful considerations before purchasing new sales tools
- The key ingredients to successful collaboration between IT & sales
Latest posts by Patrick Hogan (see all)
- The Impact of AI Over The Next Half Decade - September 11, 2017
- Which Automatic Dialing Software Or Phone System Is Right for You? - August 4, 2017
- 10 Reasons For Using Sales CRM System Or Software For Your Sales Reps - August 3, 2017