Aligning sales and marketing efforts has a lot to do with how contacts are stored. In the sales environment, each touch and each activity can affect how a prospect moves through the sales process.
enterprise CRM solutionsFrom prospecting to closing, keeping contact records updated and organized is key for sales teams. For smaller sales outfits, enterprise CRM solutions are not always the best. Fortunately, more and more newcomers in the contact management circuit are creating solutions for this situation. Just the same, huge software companies that used to cater only to enterprise are also entering the smaller markets.
Here are some choices in the contact management software space.
Infusionsoft is popular to businesses that look for more than a CRM. It’s marketing and sales automation, plus contact management in one robust software. As a CRM, Infusionsoft organizes contacts so businesses can develop relationships with the prospects and be able to communicate to them the way they want to be engaged. All the information about your contacts will be in one place. Infusionsoft was built to make sure no information is wasted.
They help entrepreneurs turn contacts into customers by efficiently and effectively managing their contacts. Infusionsoft imports and organizes contacts as they enter the sales pipeline, complete with tagging and segmentation. They collect data about lead behaviors, has lead scoring capability and with this information, they help you prioritize the leads based on sales-readiness.
Infusionsoft does all this by tracking engagement and customizing follow-up messages based on unique customer profiles.
Definitely more than a contact management software, Infusionsoft’s features include:
- Marketing Automation
- Built-in metadata and keyword fields
- Drag and drop to craft and publish landing pages
- Web Forms
- Social Sharing
- Easy Publishing, Landing Pages
- Email marketing, Automated Campaigns
- Multimedia marketing management
- Marketing reports
- Scoring tool
- Referral Program Management
- Track orders, sales totals, accounts receivables, etc
- Payment Processing
- Lead Scoring & Distribution
- Quotes & Orders
- Opportunity Management
- Sales Reports
- Multimedia Marketing
Pricing: Starts at $199/month per business including 3 users and 2,500 contacts. For larger teams, it’s $599/month which includes support for 25,000 contacts and 10 users.
Focused on small businesses, Insightly is a contact management software that deals with a variety of tasks outside simple contact management. It is a full-suite CRM that uses industry best practices–you can see everything about each CMS entry, including their background, touch history and important dates. Insightly also makes available vital information like projects they have been involved with.
Here are its main features:
- Flexible Calendaring and Events
- Automatic Address Book
- Insightly Notes, Evernotes, and Comments
- Lightning Fast Search
- Custom Fields and Filters
- File Sharing
- Web to Contact
- Tags, Notification, and Following
- Linking (Direct Relationships Between Contacts, Organizations, Opportunities, Projects)
- Mass Email and Email Templates
Pricing: Free for up to 2 users. Robust basic plans start at $12/user/month. Enterprise accounts are billed $99/user/month on annual invoicing.
Zoho is a CRM solution that integrates with businesses’ existing emails to power up their contact management. It is web-based, meaning there is no installation and grand set-up required. It can be accessed from anywhere that has an internet connection, including mobile.
Zoho, like other full-suite CRM solutions, help businesses generate and track leads, manage tasks and provide reps the support they need as the whole pipeline can be followed within the Zoho. This means all team members are able to collaborate within the CRM, update each other, and access information on each lead in real-time.
Zoho emphasizes on automating administrative work. There are templates and forms provided that help bizdevs and marketing departments generate leads and directly populate their databases automatically.
Managers and reps are also able to create workflows to streamline and automate as much work as possible.
Pricing: Free for 10 users. Paid version starts at $12/user/month for their standard plan, up to $35/user/month on their Enterprise plan. Add-ons are plentiful at a cost.
Salesforce is one of the largest cloud computing companies and they’re best known for their CRM. When it comes to contact management, Salesforce offers a very robust platform. It allows you to know every contact in all the accounts your business handles. Their contact management system quickly helps you access customer data including decision-maker contacts, history, basic info, and touches. Through this, you get a full view of each customer in your pipeline–from insights about their preferences to deals you’ve pushed with them.
Salesforce’s contact management software also allows its users to pull in social data for deeper insight into their customer bases. Feeds of customer’s social media content can be created and set up so reps are able to fully understand what prospects and customers are saying about products and services. Salesforce also allows teammates to collaborate companywide through real-time updates across databases.
- Accounts & contacts
- Activity tracking & history
- Document attachments
- Google Apps integration
- Microsoft Outlook integration
- Microsoft Word & Excel integration
- Role permissions
Pricing: All Salesforce software comes with a free trial. Plans start at $25/user/month upto $125/user/month for larger companies. All plans have the option to add on services.
Unlike others on this list, Nimble is not a full suite CRM. It is a contact manager that treats contact management in a slightly different perspective compared to most software.
The emphasis is on single view. Instead of keeping records per account, it is compiled per contact. According to Nimble, when information about contacts is scattered all over the place, collecting and managing it is time-consuming and bothersome. Nimble says “contact fragmentation” is unproductive.
The software is centered around what they call a Contact Record where every contact is kept and populated with details. It’s beyond a typical address book entry. It imports all basic information from Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, Facebook, Skype, Google+, phone, email, and more.
According to their website, “. The Nimble Contact Management solution goes to another level, augmenting each Contact Record with richly detailed information across social channels. You gain insights about the people in your network—to drive deeper social media relationships and more profitable campaigns.If you and your team aren’t using Nimble then you’re simply not as, well, nimble.”
- Nimble tracks the complete history you and your contact share—on every channel.
- Take actions, send messages from within NimbleUse Gmail, Outlook, or Hootsuite widgets to take Nimble everywhere your workflow takes you.
- Use Gmail, Outlook, or Hootsuite widgets to take Nimble everywhere your workflow takes you.
- Nimble keeps you organized and on track. Set Stay in Touch Reminders and use the Mark as Important star system to keep important communications front and center.. With Nimble as your wingman, nothing falls through the cracks.
Nimble automatically fills out the contact record from just a name and email. It’s like magic—Less data entry for you
- Nimble analyzes shared interests (topics, keywords) to tell you why any contact is of interest and relevant to you.
- With Nimble, categorize or segment groups with Tags and Saved Searches
- Filter and segment by Last Contacted or Recently Contacted from the sidebar.
- Nimble’s contact management system is built to empower social media engagement. Monitoring your
- contact’s entire social stream means you know more, and can act faster..
- Nimble helps you build strong relationships by showing you the connections you share in common with each contact.
Pricing: All features are available at $15/mo for their Business Plan. This includes support for multiple users and unlimited deals. They have a 14-day free trial.
Act! provides an array of software solutions that help businesses get organized. In the contact management department, it has a robust Contact & Activity Management solution. This piece of software has a slew of useful features that promise to keep numbers, info and events organized.
For contacts and groups, Act! allows users to keep contact details including emails, numbers, documents and even social media feeds in one screen. The objective is to give users a comprehensive view of their contacts in one look. The interface is also easily customizable, with 60 fields they can personalize depending on their workflow in what they call Contact Timeline.
The Groups feature organizes customers and prospects by allowing users to group similar contacts using advanced query tools. This helps sales and marketing efforts by delivering targeted email marketing messages and offers to certain segments.
For calendar and activity management, Act! allows users to manage schedules and keep track of their own and their prospect’s activities like meetings, to-dos and even phone calls. It also supports a shared calendar so work is streamlined and users get to focus on the day’s important tasks.
Act! also has support for quick note taking for both calls and meetings, keeping and recording emails and even for reminders. This is available for each contact and allows users to maintain comprehensive records without having to save information and records in different places.
The contact history view is sortable and also uses the same advanced query tools so users can easily locate, analyze and act on information against their existing activities, records, and actions.
- Keep all your contacts in one place – easily import from spreadsheets, Google or iCloud and organize by groups. Take notes and add activities right on the contact in Act! Essentials so you can prioritize and manage your day efficiently.
- Stay connected to your business by accessing key contact and activity details from your mobile device.
- Create, send, and track professional, eye-catching campaigns that reach customers and prospects with the right message at the right time.
- Know more about your contacts by linking their social media accounts with their contact information in Act!
- Track your success with real-time email campaign reporting, and know who to follow-up with first with intelligent, prioritized call lists – all from within Act!
Pricing: All these features are included in Act! Essentials, Act!’s base plan. It’s for $10/user/month. They have more robust products with CRM features that might be useful for companies looking for more than contact management. Plans top off at $35/user/month.
What contact management solutions do you use? Do you think they are still relevant to smaller teams or is CRM the only way to go?
FREE EBOOK: How Often Do Mortgage Lenders Follow Up via Calls & Emails?
Are big banks still interested enough in potential mortgage loan customers to follow up?
- The tips include:
- Number of total follow-ups from mortgage lenders
- Trends of follow-up calls from mortgage lenders
- How many follow-ups were conducted through emails
- Follow-up trends in relation to market share percentage