It takes more than taking or making a lot of calls to make a call center effective. Best results are only obtained when it’s easy to keep track of all of those calls. Here are a few of the things a company should keep tabs on to ensure that contacts are made in efficient and effective ways.
1. Who needs to be called – Customers and potential clients get frustrated when they don’t get called back and often assume that the company doesn’t care about their business. The reality, however, is that callback failure is often the result of the call center simply not realizing that they needed to make the connection. Call tracking software makes it easy to note which numbers should be called.
2. Who did the calling – Keeping track of who made each call makes it possible to follow up with the right person when more information is needed. It’s also important when customers call in and want to talk to the same person they did before. Companies that allow customers to reconnect like this will not seem nearly as faceless or uncaring as those that make callers play “representative roulette” every time they dial in.
3. Important points raised during conversations – At many companies, there is no record of what was said during a phone call. While call tracking software like Tenfold doesn’t record conversations, it does provide a handy input box that employees can use for notes. This allows important points to be attached to the log of the call in question. If the caller is contacted again, this attachment pops up so the employee sees all of the needed information without having to make a point of looking for it.
4. Communication with other relevant people – Sometimes, a customer’s query or problem has to be handled by someone other than the person he or she is talking to. Call software makes it easy to bring others into the loop before the conversation ends. All a call center employee needs to do is put the relevant information into the notes box and then instruct the software to forward the note as an email.
5. Who needs to be called back – One of the most frustrating things customers experience is the nonexistent callback. A representative promises that someone will call, but when the time comes, the phone doesn’t ring. Call tracking software eliminates this problem by generating a list of who needs to be called, and if needed, who needs to do the calling. Once call center employees are trained to keep this list updated – and check it as part of their daily duties – the problem of missing return calls will be eliminated.
All of these call tracking capabilities work together to eliminate the problems that often plague customer service call centers. Many of these problems arise because of missing information, and by making it easy to record relevant facts on the spot, that root problem is eliminated. The other major problems faced by customers who deal with call centers are mostly caused by existing information not being looked at or acted on. Thanks to Tenfold’s popup notes and instant email capabilities, these causes are countered as well.
As this shows, the right call center tracking software can greatly increase the customer satisfaction rating of a call center as well as increase the center’s efficiency. To learn more about how our product can work with your existing CRM application to bring about all of these benefits, just contact us. We’ll be happy to explain everything and show you how simple it is to bring your center all of the benefits of the latest developments.
FREE WHITE PAPER: Top 75 SaaS influencers
Gain access to the world's best SaaS influencers that are available today.
Latest posts by Dan Sincavage (see all)
- Understanding the GDPR: General Data Protection Regulation - December 6, 2017
- MiFID II: What It Means For Your Business And How To Be Compliant - October 26, 2017
- Sales Gamification 2017: Apps, Tips, and Issues You Need To Consider - October 10, 2017